Wavian Fuel Can Testimonial
It’s not a method we usually recommend to test the strength of one of our Jerry Can’s, but Bruce A. Hansen, a customer who purchased a Wavian Jerry Can from Swiss Link, was more than happy with his purchase when things went dramatically wrong.
(scroll to the bottom for a fire testing video)
He got in touch to let us know that while traveling through the North Maine woods the roof cargo on his vehicle slipped and the load hit the highway at 60mph! Amazingly, his NATO Steel Jerry Can did not leak. Now that's one heck of a testimony to the strength of our fuel cans.
He was so pleased that he went on to say…
Do you want a reference?…. I’ll give the Wavian 20 Litre a lifetime recommendation without any reservations. After I reconfigure my roof rack’s bindings, I plan to replace the can with an identical one from your company. Thanks for making a product I can always rely on.
And while all his other expedition gear was badly damaged, the 5 Gallon Wavain NATO Jerry Can despite being severely dented didn’t leak a drop.
All our Wavian Jerry / Petrol Cans are made to the highest specifications using superior strength steel for strength and durability.
These leak-proof steel fuel cans come directly from Wavian, the factory that has supplied many NATO countries for over 75 years, and are the highest quality jerry cans on the market today. Rigorously tested, they boast a number of features, including 0.9 mm steel walls, an interior rust-proof Rezol lining, internal breather pipe for splash-proof pouring, a three handle configuration for easy carrying, a Leak-proof bayonet closure, and a locking pin for the cap.
Wavian currently produces the only EPA, CARB, and DOT approved steel fuel cans that are 100% legal in all 50 US states. Includes spouts and an adapter for vehicles with smaller filler receivers. They come in OD Green, Black, Blue, Yellow, and Red. Sizes available are 5 Liters (1.3 Gallons) 10 Liters (2.6 Gallons) and 20 Liters (5.3 Gallons).
- Made out of 0.9mm cold rolled steel.
- Unique wide channel breather and smooth pouring spout.
- Lined to prevent rusting with gasoline, water, and alcohol resistant coating.
- The cap has a locking pin (international patent) to ensure it cannot be opened accidentally.
- The bayonet closure is completely leak-proof with the can in any position.
- Three-handle configuration for easy grabbing and carrying of multiple cans.
- Manufactured and tested to comply with Australian Standards – AS2906, Swedish Standards – SP, German Standards – TUV/GS, and UN Dangerous Goods.
- EPA and CARB certified, built to ASMT, NFPA, and DOT standards.
- OSHA compliant.
- Approved and fully legal for sale in all 50 states.
- Works on all gasoline vehicles with the included adapter.
- Works on all diesel and equipment tanks.
- Fast flow rate.
Dimensions (L x W x H in inches)
20L: 12 lbs
10L: 7.5 lbs
5L: 4.7 lbs